CO can identify the stores in a group that have surplus stock of the products in an order so stock can be transferred from another store rather than ordering more stock from the supplier.
If the Check for surplus stock check box was selected during order creation, the products on the Order window are shown with one of the following icons:
- - when other stores have surplus stock of that product
- - when no other stores have surplus stock of that product
- - when CO is calculating the surplus stock
The Surplus stock field displays the current Stock on Hand at other store as Surplus.
To view the surplus stock of a product
1. On the Order window, either select a product with the blue plus icon () and click the View SOH/ Transfer button, or press [Alt+V].
The Current Stock Holding window is displayed and shows the location of the surplus stock (where Surplus column has a positive number), re-order flag, last buy price, the current stock on hand and the surplus quantity.
Negative Surplus quantity indicates that the store has less than the quantity needed, base on their projected sales.
2. Click the Close button to close the Current Stock Holding window and return to the order.
Q1. Does Surplus calculation consider the re-order flag?
No, it does not.
Q2. What does Negative surplus mean?
CO reports negative surplus where the SOH is not enough for next 30 days. The surplus calculation uses the same algorithm that projected-sales order generation uses where:
- order date is the current date
- order period is 30 days
It calculates how much the store would need for the 30 days, then subtracts that quantity by current SOH.
Q3. What are pending transfers in CO?
Pending transfers are those that have been created in CO but have not been issued to the stores.