After you have added a Set Sales Price promotion, products can be allocated to a promotion individually or in bulk as a range of products.
Add individual products to a promotion
1. In the Promotional maintenance product – Add window, perform the following actions:
A. Add a product to your promotion by entering Product textbox either:
- All or part of the product name or
- Full product barcode or
- Product number or
- PDE into the Product
Then press [Tab], the window will auto-populate with the selected product’s detail or you can select the product from The Product Search window
B. The product name will populate.
C. The M.N.P.N will populate.
D. Enter the list price in the Promotion price textbox and press [Tab].
E. Enter the projected sales quantity you wish to sell at the promotional price in the Proj. Sales Qty field. The promotion is enabled by entering a value into the Proj. Sales Qty field.
F. Displays the current stock on hand for the product.
G. Displays the products current Retail price.
H. Displays the products current Unit cost.
I. Review the GP% textbox to ensure it meets the business’ price guidelines.
J. Click Save, and the product is added to the promotion.
Note: If you do not click Save, the products will not be added to the promotion.
2. If after you click Save and a Promotion error message appears, click No. It is best practice to view all promotional errors at once.
3. Repeat steps 1A to 1J, until all products have been added to the promotion.
4. Click Next, once all the products have been added.
The window will clear once the individual product has been added to your promotion.
5. Once you have added all your products to your promotion, you can Change promotion prices in a Set Sales Price promotion if required. If you do not need to adjust any prices proceed to Review & action your Set Sale Price promotion errors.
Add a range of products to the promotion
1. Click Range in the Product maintenance product – Add window.
2. To add a range of products to your promotion, perform the following actions:
A. Range tag – select the category that contains the products you wish to include in the promotion.
B. From and To – specify product range that need to be added to the promotion, then press [Tab].
C. Click Save to add the products to the promotion.
Note: If you do not click Save, the product will not be added to the promotion.
3. If, after you click Save, a Promotion error message appears, click No. It is best practice to view all promotional errors at once.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 2c, until all products have been added to the promotion.
5. Click Next, and the selected products for the promotion will display.
When products have been added via Range, the promotion price will default to the current retail price.
6. Refer to Change promotion prices in a Set Sales Price promotion to adjust the promotion prices.