There are two ways a $ off retail price promotion can be set up.
- Discount a dollar amount for each product: Add products to a promotion and set a discount dollar ($) amount to be applied to each product within the promotion. For example: $2 off selected Revlon lipsticks
- Set a spend amount to trigger a dollar amount discount: Add products to a promotion and setup the condition that the customer must spend a particular dollar amount before they can qualify for the discounted dollar amount on each product within that promotion. For example: Receive $5 off Revlon Lipsticks when you spend $20 or more. That is, once the customer has spent over $20, they will receive $5 off each Revlon item in their sales basket within the promotion file
Add a promotion
From the Promo Manager module:
1. Click the Promotions menu and select 1. Promotion Maintenance or click the Promotion Maintenance icon.
The Promotion setup window is displayed.
2. From the Enquiry group box, select the New radio button and click Next.
The Promotion Enquiry - Add Promotions window is displayed.
3. Click Add to create a new promotion.
The Promotion maintenance - Add window is displayed.
4. Enter the promotion information:
a. Loyalty promotions – non-editable textbox.
b. Promotion Type – select 1. $ off retail price.
c. Promotion Name – enter a name for the promotion. This name will be shown for your reference in the Promotions module.
d. Promotion Description – enter short description, this can also be the same as the Promotion Name. This description will display in the Promotions module.
e. Promotion Code – non-editable textbox. An automatically-generated code that Minfos uses to identify saved promotions.
f. Start Date and End Date – enter the promotions’ active date range. The promotion will automatically start and end on these dates.
g. Apply promotion more than once to sale basket:
- Leave the checkbox checked to receive the promotional discount multiple times in a single transaction or,
- Uncheck the checkbox to only receive a single promotional discount in a transaction.
h. Enable manual discount:
- Leave the checkbox unchecked to disable a further discount at the Till or,
- Check the checkbox to allow further discounts at the Till.
Note: By default, products on promotion cannot be discounted manually. To enable a product to be discounted manually, ensure it is flagged as discountable in the stock card. Till Preference need to be set to Stack Manual Discounts.
5. Click Next.
The Promotion maintenance - Add <Promotion Name> <$ off retail price> window is displayed.
6. In the Promotion maintenance – Add window, perform the following actions:
Note: The editable fields are determined by the type of promotion that you have selected.
a. Dollar amount reduced from price – Enter the dollar amount that needs to be discounted per product on promotion.
b. Dollar amount spent before discount applied – enter a dollar amount that the customer must spend on products within the promotion before the discount is applied to the products on promotion within their sales basket (optional field). If this field is set at 0.00, then any promotional product will be discounted from the normal retail price based on the value entered in the field dollar amount reduced from price field (e.g. $5).
7. Click Range or Next to add products to the promotion (both options open the same window).
The Promotion maintenance product - Add <Promotion Name>.
8. Refer to Add products to $ Off Retail Price promotion.