If your pharmacy regularly offers the co-payment discount to customers, you can set up a default co‑payment discount configuration so that the discount is applied to all eligible scripts you dispense.
When you set up your co-payment discount to apply to all eligible scripts, you can still choose to not apply the discount to an individual script from the Dispense Form.
The default Co-Payment behaviour can be set separately for Concessional and General scripts. This setting will apply when dispensing applicable scripts if the customer has no other co-payment rule applied, e.g. nursing home or customer specific scripts. Refer to Set up Co-Payment Discount, Apply set Co-Payment Discount to individual scripts and Exclude customers from Co-Payment Discount by Facility.
The options include:
- Default Off - All
- Default On - All
- Default On - Concessional only
- Default On - General only
To set up the co-payment discount to apply to all eligible scripts:
From Dispense Pro:
1. Click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
The Configuration window is displayed, with the Pharmacy tab open.
2. Click the Printing/Pricing tab.
3. In the Pricing group box, click the Co-Payment Discount drop-down.4. Select one of the following options:5. Click OK, to save your default co-payment discount configuration.