You can choose to explicitly opt in / opt out an individual customer from receiving the co-payment discount, if the customer is not linked to an already opted-out care facility.
Note: If the customer is attached to a care facility that has been excluded from receiving the co-payment discount, the customer’s individual opt out setting is ignored. When the customer is no longer attached to an excluded care facility, or the care facility is no longer excluded from receiving the discount, the customer’s individual opt out setting is applied.
From the Dispense Form populated with the appropriate patient.
1. Click Change f3, or press [F3].
The Customer Editing window is displayed.
2. Click the Co-Pay Status dropdown and select the correct option.
- Pharmacy Default: Refer to Set Co-Payment Discount default to change your current default option
- Opt In: The patient will receive the Co-Pay Discount set. Refer to Set up Co-Payment Discount
- Opt Out: The will NOT receive the Co-Pay Discount set
Note: If the Co-Pay Status dropdown is disabled, this means the selected customer is attached to a care facility that has already been excluded from receiving the discount.
3. Click OK.
If Opt out of Co-Payment Discount was selected, the customer is excluded from receiving the co‑payment discount.
When you dispense to a customer that has opted out of the discount, the Discount dropdown on the Dispense Form is disabled.