This procedure is relevant when your claim has failed, you've read the fix instructions, and you've contacted Medicare. To manually close or resubmit a failed claim:
1. On the Manage Claims window, click the claim with the error, then click Close.
The Override the Close Claim window is displayed, and shows the claim's error code, fix instructions, and who to contact about it.
2. Read the fix instructions, then speak to the contact if required.
3. Based on the instructions, either click:
- Manually Close - to mark the claim as closed in Minfos.
- The Override the Close Claim window is displayed.
- Click Yes to confirm that the claim should be marked as closed in Minfos.
The claim's status is now Closed.
- Resubmit - to resend the details to PBS, if required.