Quick Dispense allows you to queue repeat supplies for scripts and NRMCs directly from your packing software (for integrated packing providers including Minfos Packing) into the Minfos Quick Dispense Queue. They can then be efficiently dispensed from the Dispense Form. Refer to Quick Dispense Queue Overview for more information.
Dispense Via Quick Dispense
1. Queue scripts into the Quick Dispense Queue from your packing software.
From the Dispense Form, the Queued Scripts icon will be active and display the number of queued scripts. In this example, three scripts are in the Quick Dispense Queue.
2. Enter a comma in the Surname field.
The first script from the Quick Dispense Queue is populated on the Dispense Form.
3. Dispense the script, as per your usual process.
Note: If you are unable to complete the dispensing e.g. you close the Dispense Form or press [F2] during the dispense process, the script will remain in the Minfos Quick Dispense Queue for you to dispense later. If this script does not need to be dispensed, refer to Quick Dispense Queue Overview article to learn how to remove a script or clear all scripts from the Quick Dispense Queue.
4. Save and process the script.
Note: Depending on your configurations set for Quick Dispense, a dispense label, Claim Form or Repeat Authorisation Form may print. Refer to Print a dispense label for items dispensed via Quick Dispense for more information.
The Script Options menu is displayed.
User-check: If you do not have the Z. Pill Box option in the Script Options menu, please contact Minfos Support to review your configuration.
5. From the Script Options menu follow the process relevant to your pharmacy and the configuration for the patient’s associated Nursing Home:
For any pharmacies (Hub or Spoke) that do NOT have Auto Invoice configured in the Nursing Home
For Hub pharmacies that have Auto Invoice configured in the Nursing Home
For Spoke pharmacies that have Auto Invoice configured in the Nursing Home
If the patient is being dispensed multiple scripts, it is recommended that you dispense all scripts to the patient before charging them to their account. To do this:
1. After each script is dispensed, select X. New Customer from the Script Options menu, and then continue Quick Dispensing to the patient.
3. Refer to Charge a script via Z. Pill Box.
1. Select X. New Customer from the Script Options menu at the end of Quick Dispensing each script, or
2. Do not charge scripts at the time of dispensing (e.g. you select S. Same Customer from the Script Options menu) and Minfos will automatically invoice during the EOD process.
The scripts are charged to the associated account and the SOH is updated accordingly.
3. Repeat until all scripts have been dispensed to the patient from the Quick Dispense Queue.
1. Select X. New Customer, after each script is Quick Dispensed. This leaves scripts at the till, and these will be charged to the patient’s account as part of EOD process. The integrated Virtual Pill Boxes (VPB) are updated, and the SOH is reduced accordingly:
a. For packed items the SOH will NOT reduce.
b. For non-packed items* the SOH will reduce.
2. Repeat until all scripts have been dispensed to the patient/s from the Quick Dispense Queue.
* Check with your packing software to confirm if they integrate with the non-packed flag. Minfos Packing does not queue non-packed items and therefore does not manage this flag.