Q. When is the pharmacist password required?
A. For ePrescriptions, a password is required when an eScript is being dispensed. Once the password has been entered on the Dispense Form, it does not need to re-enter until:
- The authentication period from when the password was entered has lapsed; refer to Password re-entry on the Dispense Form section of Pharmacist Password Configuration.
- The pharmacist on the Dispense Form is changed.
- The Dispense Form is closed and re-opened.
A password is not required to dispense paper prescriptions.
For My Health Record, you may require the password to be entered. This depends on a setting located in Dispense Configuration:
- From the Dispense module, click the Maintenance menu and select D. Configuration.
- Navigate to the Dispense/Customer tab.
- Refer to the status of the Password required for MyHR checkbox.
Q. For an eScript, where do I enter the password on the Dispense Form?
A. If the password is required then a password field displays on the Dispense dialog at the end of dispense.
Q. What is the criteria for the pharmacist password?
A. A password must;
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters (A-Z, a-z)
- Have at least one numeric character (0-9)
- Have at least one special character (~!@#$%^&*()_-+=)
- The same password cannot be used concurrently
Q. I am getting a prompt in the Dispense Form stating my password has expired, how do I set a new password?
A. Navigate to Pharmacist Maintenance and highlight the pharmacist from the list. Click Change, the “Your password has expired and is unable to be used. Select ‘Update Now’ to update your password or ‘Ignore’ to update your password at a later date.” prompt is displayed. Click Update Now and then follow the Change a pharmacist's password article.
Q. I have forgotten my pharmacist password, how do I change it so I can dispense eScripts?
A. Refer to the Reset Password article.
Q. How do I modify a User’s security access?
A. From the Minfos Launch Pad:
- Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
- Click the Maintenance menu and select Users.
- Highlight the User that needs the access level to Pharmacist Maintenance modified and click Change.
- Click the Pharmacist Maintenance drop-down and select one of the following options:
- 0. None – Users with this access level will not be able to open Pharmacist Maintenance.
- 1. View – Users with this access level will only be able to view Pharmacist Maintenance.
- 2. Change – Users with this access level will be able to change existing records in Pharmacist Maintenance.
- 3. Admin – Users with this access level will be able to add new Pharmacists and unlock passwords.
- Click Save to save the changes.
A new user can be added, by clicking Add. When adding a new user, ensure access levels are set for all modules to Minfos.
Note If you have made changes to the Security settings for the User ID you are currently logged into Minfos with, log out of all Minfos modules and log back in.
Q. What does it mean if I see the ‘Unauthorised Pharmacist’ prompt?
A. This means the selected pharmacist is not set up with a compliant password. Follow the Setting a pharmacist password instructions.
Q. Do dispense technicians require a password?
A. No, they do not require a password, but Minfos will prompt to update the record with a password. This prompt can be ignored for records set up as Dispensary Assistant, 2000hr Student, 1000hr Student, 500hr Student and Other.
Q. Can the pharmacist be locked out from accessing My Health Record for failed attempts?
A. No, currently there is not a failed attempt limit on My Health Record.
Q. Does the pharmacist always need to enter a password to access My Health Record?
A. Yes, if your database has the Password required for MyHR configuration checked then you will always need to enter a password to access a patient’s My Health Record. The re-authentication period does not apply to My Health Record access.