1. Scan the token into the Surname or Drug field on the Dispense Form.
- Refer to Dispense from the eQueue to learn how to dispense eScripts from the eQueue
- Refer to Dispense from a Patient's ASL to learn how to dispense eScripts from an ASL
If your HPI-O has already been set up, this prompt will not display, skip to step 2.
a. When downloading or uploading ePrescriptions Minfos validates your pharmacies HPI-O. If you do not have your HPI-O saved in the Dispense Configuration and attempt to dispense an eScript the following prompt will display:
b. Click OK to close the prompt. The download/upload process will be aborted and you will not be able to dispense the script until an HPI-O has been set up.
c. To set up your HPI-O, navigate to Dispense Pro, click the Maintenance menu, select D. Configuration, and enter your HPI-O on the Pharmacy tab. Click OK to save.
- If you do not have a HPI-O, register on the PRODA website
2. The script details will download from the PDS and populate the Dispense Form.
3. If the patient on the script cannot be exactly matched to a patient in your database, the Select Customer Record window is displayed.
If the patient can be matched, this window will not display, skip to Step 4.
a. Matching customers by search fields allows you to find the customer by:
i. Customer name (Preferred name first, then Medicare name)
ii. Medicare number (first 9 digits only)
iii. Individual Health Identifier (IHI)
b. Details on script displays the customer’s details on the eScript.
c. The screen lists patients matching any of the criteria from step i. If the patient is listed, then highlight the patient and click Select.
d. Or if the patient cannot be found, click Add as a new customer to add the patient to your database.
Click Cancel to close the window.
4. The Update Customer Details window will display if the patient exists in your database but their details on the eScript differ to the patient’s details on record.
If the patient details on the eScript match your database this window will not display, skip to Step 5.
a. Select the Update checkbox for any details that require updating in your database.
i. Then click Yes to update the patient’s record.
ii. If no details are required to be updated, click No.
5. The Drug Recall or the Generic Drug Listing window may display with the details from the eScript.
If the prescribed drug can be exactly matched to a drug in Minfos, this window will not display, skip to Step 6.
To assist with drug selection the header of the Drug Recall Window displays the details of the prescribed drug.
6. Highlight the required brand/generic and click Okay.
The Dispense form will display populated with the script information and the eScript Details window.
Note If the drug cannot be found the Drug not found prompt is displayed. The eScript details will display, so you can manually select the drug for dispensing.
7. Referring to the eScript Details, check the Dispense Form is correct. Make any required changes.
Note Sometimes a prescriber may prescribe a quantity that does not equate to the Qty in Minfos. The eScript Details will display the prescribed quantity in the format it was prescribed, ensure the Qty in Minfos is correct.
8. Enter the Pharmacist initials. The selected pharmacist must be set up in Pharmacist Maintenance as type Pharmacist.
If the Pharmacist entered is set as a Pharmacist, skip to Step 9.
a. If the initials entered are not for a Pharmacist, the Unauthorised Pharmacist prompt is displayed.
b. Click OK, and enter a Pharmacists initials or edit the pharmacist in Pharmacist Maintenance and change the type to Pharmacist.
9. Enter the Dispenser initials if required. The Dispenser uses the Pharmacist Maintenance look up.
10. Press [Enter] or click Okay to save and process the eScript.
11. The Save and Process this Script? prompt is displayed.
12. Enter the Pharmacist Details and Password. A password is required to dispense an eScript. For more information on Pharmacist Passwords, refer to Overview of Pharmacist Maintenance.
Note If the password is locked or expired, refer to the Unlock a Pharmacist's Password article to troubleshoot. An eScript cannot be dispensed without a valid pharmacist password.
13. Add an annotation to this supply, if required.
An annotation can be recorded against each supply of the prescription. These are saved against the eScript and can be viewed by subsequent dispensers of the script. Electronic annotations replace the process of handwriting on the paper prescription.
Note Annotations for an eScript can be viewed at the bottom of the eScript Details screen.
14. If the patient has an ASL and the script is eligible the Patient wants script added to their ASL checkbox will display.
a. If the patient wants their repeats uploaded to their ASL ensure the checkbox is selected.
b. If the patient does not want their repeats uploaded then ensure the checkbox is not checked.
If the repeat is not eligible to be uploaded to the patient's ASL the Patient wants script added to their ASL checkbox is disabled and the Script will be retained by the pharmacy. Reason for retaining: <reason inserted here> checkbox will be selected with the reason for why the checkbox is selected.
- This checkbox is controlled by the prescriber and cannot be changed by the dispenser
- If checked, repeat Tokens will print and display Retain at <store name inserted here> Pharmacy
Note For more information about these checkboxes, see Manage how a patient receives their eScripts repeat
15. In the Issue Repeat Token dropdown list, select how the patient wants to receive the token:
If the contact information is stored in their patient profile, the field to the right of the dropdown will auto-populate. You can change the email address or mobile phone number.
Note The default option selected is set by the Issue Token Default configuration. Refer to Repeat Token Configuration article for more information. If the Patient wants script added to their ASL checkbox is ticked by default, the Issue Repeat Token will default to Do not send token.
16. The Update Patient's Profile will be ticked by default if you change the email address or mobile number in the previous step. Leave it ticked if you want the new information to be saved on the patient's profile.
If you do not want the contact information to update the patient’s profile, unselect the Update Patient’s Profile checkbox. This will send the token to the email or mobile entered in the Save and Process dialog but will not update the patient’s profile with this information. This may be useful, for example, when the contact information is for a carer, not for the patient.
17. Click the Electronic Prescribing Privacy Notice hyperlink to read the privacy notice.
18. Press [Enter] or click OK to finalise the prescription.
19. The dispense label will print.
20. The repeat token will send electronically to the patient or a copy of the token will print if this option was selected in Step 11.
Note By default, if an email and mobile number is recorded against the patient the token is sent by SMS (this is then on-charged to the pharmacy by the PDS). This is a configuration that can be set to Email only refer the eScript FAQ's/Troubleshooting article.
The Script Options window is displayed.
The menu options for an eScript differ to a paper prescription.