Before supplying dispensed items to a patient the pharmacist must perform the final verification process to ensure the correct medication is supplied to the correct patient.
In Minfos this takes place in the Pharmacist Check screen.
The Pharmacist Check screen
This screen allows pharmacists to:
- View all the items dispensed to the patient on that day
- View the details of the selected prescription
- View the electronic copy of an ePrescription and any associated annotations
- Edit a prescription
- Edit and update customer profiles and notes
- View the customers full history
- View Drug Interactions
- View and record Clinical Interactions
- View and fix PBS Rejections
- Scan check the dispensed item against the physical item
Video - The Pharmacist Check screen
Watch the Video Learn how to perform prescription scan checks and utilise the many functions available in the Pharmacist Check Screen.
Further reading If you would like to learn more about the Pharmacist Check Screen and scan checking prescriptions, please refer to the articles below. Pharmacist Check screen Perform a Scan Check
Congratulations! You have completed this topic, Scan Check prescriptions. You are now ready to progress to the next topic - Dispensary reports.
Track your progress Don't forget to mark off your progress on the checklist before you move onto the next topic.