Follow this process to cancel cheque payments that have previously been recorded and reinstate invoices to be paid (if required).
1. From the Minfos Launchpad, navigate to Payables.
2. Click the Supplier Work Bench icon.
The Supplier Work Bench window is displayed.
3. Enter the Supplier Code of the supplier you need to cancel a cheque for.
4. Enter the invoice date in the Starting Date field.
5. Check the Opening Balance and Show Paid checkboxes.
6. Click Okay.
Transactions are displayed in the Supplier Work Bench window.7. Select the transaction for which the cheque is required to be cancelled.
8. Click Cancel Cheque.
The Cancel Cheque window is displayed.9. Check the Calculate GST checkbox if the payment included GST.
10. If the invoice is still outstanding, ensure the Re-instate checkbox is selected. Uncheck this box if the invoice is not required to be re-instated.
11. Click Okay.
The cheque will be cancelled. If the Re-instate checkbox was selected, the invoice will be re-instated as outstanding.