This article describes the process for your pharmacy to collect payment for account customers using direct debit.
Statements for account customers enrolled in Direct Debit will have some differences in the footer. Statements for accounts enrolled in Direct Debit will show:
- the amount to be debited
- bank account details of the store
The ageing section will not appear on statements for Direct Debit customers.
Not Direct Debit
Pay this amount xx.xx
$xx.xx will be debited from your registered bank account
Bank details of the store
Step by step instructions
After your statements have aged for the month and from the Customer Management module.
1. Click the Reports menu and click 2. Statements and select 8. Create Direct Debit Files.
The Create Direct Debit File window is displayed.
Note: If you have had Minfos Support configure your pharmacy for the Third Party format export, the Export Format will display CUSTOMER.
2. Update the required fields:
a. Export Format: Cannot be edited and will display either
- ABA: This file can be shared directly with your bank or,
- Customer: This file will contain the customers Minfos ID, date for processing and amount to be debited and can be shared with third party’s e.g. EziDebit.
b. Month Ending: Cannot be edited and displays:
- The date the statement was aged
Note: If the Month Ending date is not correct, please refer to Manually age customer account statements.
c. Processing Date: Update the date if required.
- The date on which the bank should process the payments.
- The default value is the 5th of the current month. If that date has passed, it will default to the current date.
d. Select store: Cannot be edited.
- Default value is the current pharmacy
e. Account Balance Threshold: Enter the required amount.
- Exclude accounts below a minimum balance from being Direct Debited.
- Default value is 0 to include all outstanding accounts.
- This may be useful to avoid paying bank fees on direct deposits for payments of small sums. For example, to only charge accounts with an outstanding balance of at least $5, enter 5 in this field. Accounts with an outstanding balance below $5 will not be included in the direct deposit export file, and will have their balance outstanding, which they can pay via another method.
f. Output Directory: The location on your computer where the generated files will be saved. Click Browse to change.
Note: Make a note of the file location as you will need this for step 4.
3. Click OK to generate the Direct Debit file.
4. Upload the file to your online banking system or your third party provider e.g. EziDebit.
5. Once you have received the funds into your bank account, you can use the information provided by your bank/third party to reconcile the paid accounts in Minfos. Refer to Reconcile Direct Debit Payments