HICAPS allows your pharmacy to submit claims on behalf of patients to their various programs. Minfos has integrated with HICAPS (formerly known as LanternPay) to allow this claiming to be actioned from Minfos using the prescription data. This integration removes the need for manual entry into another claiming program or the patient having to handle the claim themselves.
Note: TAC is the only program available at this stage, additional programs will be added in the future.
To set up HICAPS within Minfos, your pharmacy must first register themselves with HICAPS to receive the required credentials. Once the credentials have been received, HICAPS can be enabled in Minfos via Shop Configuration.
Configure HICAPS in Minfos
From the Minfos Launch Pad:
1. Click the Special menu and select Utilities.
The Utilities module is displayed.
2. Click the Shop Configuration icon or click the Config menu and select 1. Shop Configuration.
The Shop Configuration window is displayed.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Check the Enable HICAPS checkbox.
5. Enter the API Key and the API Secret, both issued by HICAPS.
6. Enter the Pharmacy Name, this should match the pharmacy name registered with HICAPS.
7. Click the Program dropdown and select a program from the list.
Note: Some programs may require additional details e.g., a membership number. If required a prompt is displayed.
8. Click Add Record.9. Click OK to save.
Note: There will now be an extra tab called HICAPS on the Customer Editing window from all modules and the Customer Entry window when adding a customer from Customer Maintenance.