This option is mainly used for recording invoices that are not related to stock (Invoices completed via Order Maintenance) e.g., Accounting Fees, Rent invoices, Phone/Internet invoices etc.
From the Payables module:
1. Click the Transaction menu and select 1. Invoice Entry.
The Payables Transactions > Invoice Entry window is displayed.
Note: The Invoice Entry window is displayed, this can be closed by clicking Cancel.
2. Enter the required Supplier. Type in the required supplier Code and press [Tab] or enter the supplier's name and press[Tab] to search for the supplier.
The Supplier Search Window is displayed.
a. Highlight the required supplier and click Okay or press [Enter].
3. Enter the Invoice Date, this defaults to today's date. The Date Recieved date will also update, but can be changed.
4. Enter the Invoice No., if the invoice number has already been used for that supplier the Invoice Number Used prompt is displayed:
a. Click Yes to continue and use the invoice number.
b. Click No, to enter a different Invoice number.
5. Enter the Date Received, this defaults to today's date, or may have updated when the Invoice Date was entered.
6. Enter the Due Date this defaults to today's date. If the Invoice Date was adjusted the Due Date will adjust according the Due Days set up against the supplier, refer to Supplier Maintenance for more information.
7. If the invoice has a discount, enter the Discount given.
8. Enter a short Description for the invoice.
9. Check the GST exempt checkbox if required.
10. Click Add.The General Ledger Account Entry window is displayed.
11. If required update the Account Number. Enter the account number or press [Delete] to clear the default account number and press [Tab] to search all accounts.
The General Ledger Search Window is displayed.
a. Find and highlight the appropriate Account No. and click Okay or press [Enter].
The Account Number and Account Name are updated.
12. Enter the Total (Inc GST).
13. Adjust the GST field, if required. If there is no GST, uncheck the Calc GST checkbox. 14. Ensure the figures match the invoice and click Okay.
The General Ledger Account Entry window is displayed.
15. Repeat steps 11 to 14 if there are multiple items on the invoice, or click Cancel to close.
The Invoice Entry window is displayed.16. Click Okay to save.
The Invoice Entry window is displayed.
17. Repeat steps 2 to 14 to continue adding invoices, or click Cancel to close.
The Payables Transactions window is displayed.18. The next step is to confirm the Invoice, refer to Confirm Payables Transactions.